Join our Coral Guardian team!
Financial Partnerships & Development Manager
CDD/CDI – Start of February 2022
Our Coral Guardian team is looking for a development and financial partnerships manager.
About our NGO
Coral Guardian is a French NGO founded in 2012 to protect and restore coral ecosystems around the world by involving local communities for their own benefit. Our actions follow three axes:
- Participatory marine conservation, to create sustainable, locally managed models of coral ecosystem conservation;
- Outreach programmes among local and international communities about the importance of coral ecosystems and the threats they face;
- Science, to contribute to scientific knowledge of coral ecosystems and their restoration, according to the interests and needs of local communities.
- Develop the NGO’s economic model.
- Find new sources of funding and ways of communicating with our financial partners.
- Ensure and monitor the administrative tools linked to financial partnerships.
- Maintain fluid communication with financial partners.
- Make the link between partners, conservation actions on the ground, and communication.
- Take part in the development of the general and specific strategy for fundraising.
- Take part in the implementation of new projects.
- Support team members when needed and in interdependent tasks.
- Take care of some of the NGO’s internal administrative tasks.
Detailed job description
– Monitoring, prospecting and launching of partnerships
- Monitor the various companies that contact us.
- Search for new contacts and carry out an active prospecting mailing.
- Take part in events useful for the prospecting of new partners.
- Ensure requests are answered (answer emails and calls, and/or making appointments).
- Create dedicated projects around a defined budget and set up partnerships (drafting of agreements, define the framework, calls for donations).
– Follow-up and animate the partners’ network
- Ensure smooth communication with partners and the administrative follow-up of partnerships (provisional budgets, sending tax receipts, drawing up balance sheets, etc.).
- Ensure the follow-up and relaying of information with the various stakeholders (follow-up reports, communication elements, etc.).
- Update tools to monitor partnerships and prospects, as well as monitor the objectives and implementation of dedicated projects.
Call for projects
- Monitor and select calls for projects.
- Ensure the drafting of responses to the various calls.
- Ensure the administrative and relational follow-up of calls for projects.
- Analysis and synthesis of financial results.
- Assistance with accounting (monitoring of budget forecasts, invoice management).
Required skills and personal characteristics
- You have a real affinity with ecology and the marine world, and are concerned by current global issues.
- You have a good command of the French language, and you speak and write well in English. If you speak Spanish, this is a plus.
- You feel comfortable communicating with people from different backgrounds.
- You have a university degree.
- If you have experience in fundraising and/or partnerships, this is a plus.
- You are comfortable with numbers, computers, word processing tools and spreadsheet calculations.
- You have good interpersonal skills and you are autonomous, organised, dynamic and proactive.
Location of activity
France (Lyon / Paris ideally), to be defined.
Start date of the contract
Between 01/02/2022 and 30/02/2022
Type of contract
French 3-month CDD : renewable once for a period of 3 months, with the possibility of a permanent contract afterwards.
Salary: 1,800 euros / month NET, 35 hours per week.
Application to be sent to email@example.com before 21st January :
– CV (2 pages maximum)
– A short cover letter (1 page maximum)
– An idea / proposal for the development of Coral Guardian, or other ideas if you feel like it.